Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Names

In the past few years I have notice a habit of mine whenever I enter into a leadership position. One of the first things I do is find out the names of the people I do not know. Next, I make sure that everyone I do know knows the name of the new person as well. Why? Well, I think there is a certain significance in names and speaking them aloud that most of us have not realized.

Lots of people know my name, but when I think about it, very few of them actually say it. Most days my name is just used as an attention grabber. If my boss says my name, I know she has a job for me to do.
Strangely enough though, when most people call me out by name... it makes me feel special... significant. When I was in high school there was one girl that, even though I did not know her all that well, would always say "Hi Stephanie!" as she passed me in the hall. Something about how she always cared enough to not only say hi every time she saw me, but also care enough to remember my name always had me leaving happier.

So when I get back into that leadership position, I figure it doesn't take a lot of effort and still somehow is very effective in showing how I care just by remembering people's names.

2 Comments:

Blogger brionyskerjance said...

this is such a great quality to have. i myself struggle with remembering names...so it is definitely something that i am constantly challenging myself to retain and apply.

great post!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]Genuine [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsaleinuk.co.uk]cheap ugg boots uk[/url] UGG boots sport the famous UGG label, but with their popularity, many imitations boots have entered the market . Go ahead get one, you do not end up being let down . Having said all these above, do feel free to wear your UGGs with anything you have and in any climate and weather . 每镁U g g B a i l e y B u t t o n 1 8 7 3 a r e g e t t i n g t o b e m o s t o f t h e l a t e s t v o g u e o b j e c t s



T h e f a n t a s t i c a s p e c t r e g a r d i n g U G G B o o t s O u t l e t O n l i n e i s a l w a y s t h a t m a n y p e o p l e e n a b l e p e o p l e t h i s s u b s t i t u t e f o r a p p l y t o t h e m w h i c h i n c l u d e s a s k i r t , o u t f i t o r u s i n g j e a n s / t r o u s e r s a n d i n a d d i t i o n t h e y h a v i n g s a i d t h a t l o o k p r e t t y p r e s e n t d a y . Made of full-grain waterproof leather, this motorcycle boot has metal buckle details and a molded rubber outsole . But you will need to think fast and be creative to solve complex customer issues . Since the fall arrives, and it becomes colder and colder, at this time a woolen scarf is a very good choice, it can carry your warmth and care, giving comfort to your mother or wife, wearing it, she can feel your warmth and comfort, and it can make her look more beautiful and fashionable . Moreover, the wool has the functions of absorbing and driving moisture, which can keep your feet dry at any [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsaleinuk.co.uk]ugg boots uk stockists[/url] time.[/p][p]Instruct leadership, I hence to interview, just to the south of the village was country two level cadre certain people "warm" block, including two townships cadre [url=http://www.uggbootsukcheaponline.co.uk]ugg boots clearance[/url] is in my county of work colleagues . Take some old newspapers, stuff them [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsaleinuk.co.uk]ugg boots uk kids
[/url] in your boots and put them out to dry . UGG Australia UK sale here [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsaleinuk.co.uk]ugg boots uk [/url] with high quality and reasonable price . Picking [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsaleinuk.co.uk]cheap ugg boots sale[/url] out Bogus UGG Boots Tobey maguire Griffey Shoes Junior last year Deciding on the best footwear is essential to appear smart as well as good looking Ken Griffey Comfort and ease To Max three . Apart from this, the choice of the shoes is also very important [url=http://www.uggbootsukcheaponline.co.uk]ugg clearance[/url] in recognizing individuality of a person . [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsaleinuk.co.uk]ugg boots sale uk[/url] com/women-c-6 . Possibly even I believe there're more exquisite compared with many ornate young women . The more protuberant and stylish the underline, additional attention you want to seek.[/p]

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home